WELCOME TO DaLI
A DATA LIFECYCLE INSTRUMENT FOR MANAGEMENT AND SHARING OF DATA
- acquire, transfer, process, and store data from experiments and observations in a unified workflow.
- manage data collections over their entire lifecycle.
- share and publish data.
- enhance outreach and education opportunities.
This collaborative initiative is led by the University of Chicago’s Research Computing Center. Principal Investigators (PI) for the DaLI project include:
- Hakizumwami B. Runesha, PI
- Gordon Kindlmann, Co-PI
- Callum Ross, Co-PI
External Advisory Committee
An External Advisory Committee fosters collaboration and reviews the management and operations of the DaLI Program:
- Ian Foster, Argonne National Laboratory and Director of the Computation Institute
- Gucharan Khanna, Executive Director Center for Computation and Visualization at Brown University
- Joseph Paris, Associate Director for Research Computing, Northwestern University
- James Wilgenbush, University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute
- Nsalambi NKongolo, Lincoln University of Missouri
Data Lifecycle Platform
DaLI provides a platform to manage data throughout its entire lifecycle from acquisition to analysis, storage, sharing, and publication.
DaLI enables significant advances in 20 data-intensive research projects across various institutions and Laboratories.
DaLI supports data-intensive workshops and outreach programs, engaging undergraduate, graduate, and postdoctoral students.
DaLI aims to be an exemplar for the national community, providing a replicable model to other campuses and a test bed for development of open source resources for data management.